Heart Healthy Cocoa Powder
A cup of hot cocoa is a nice way to stay warm and cozy on cold winter days.
Did you know that a spoonful of this chocolaty goodness has health perks?
Here are some insights worth knowing:
- Pure cocoa powder is made by roasting and grinding the bean of the cacao plant.
- Cocoa powder contains no sugar and is low in fat.
- A 2-Tbsp. serving contains 25 mg of caffeine. So no worries if you want to sip this before bedtime.
- Cocoa powder is a great source of flavanols, the same heart-healthy antioxidants found in berries and red wine.
- Cocoa powder contains 10 calories per serving & has 2 grams of fiber.
Cocoa powder maintains its taste & antioxidant levels for at least a year if stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
Mine has been in my cupboard for about that long and it is still fresh
I sprinkle a dusting on my fruit, oatmeal, or yogurt for a yummy way to control those sugar cravings.
A few home-baked cookies are always good at any time.
Using one of my favorite mugs I purchased a while back is my small cure for the winter blues.
It has one of my favorite flowers (Peony) painted on it.